A Unique Investing Opportunity for Members.
As a member, you have access to a wide range of resources focused on helping you enhance your investment portfolio, building your professional network, and engaging with Duke.
The Duke Angel Network and investment platform offers the following membership benefits:
- A private angel investing platform
- A dedicated operating team of experienced investment professionals
- A credible source of curated investment opportunities
- An opportunity to collaborate and network with other like-minded investors
- An easy process for finding, evaluating, and making angel investments
- An opportunity to help fellow Duke alumni grow companies with capital and support
- An opportunity to engage with Duke University and the expanding entrepreneurial activities across the University
Members must be accredited investors and have an affiliation with Duke University. Members are expected to be active in the network, which includes the following:
- Actively source investment opportunities for the group
- Collaborate and contribute to diligence processes and investment decisions
- Provide support and guidance for portfolio companies based on experience and expertise
The Duke Angel Network uses a secure online software platform to facilitate collaboration, deal flow management, content management, diligence processes, investor relations, and portfolio reporting. Each member is given a username and password to access the system. The DAN Managing Director coordinates the deal flow and assists as needed with diligence activities. The DAN Steering Committee curates deals as they enter the system to ensure quality.
Interactions with companies are facilitated through localized member meetings, video conference presentations, and planned pitch events. Student associates provide resources to deal teams for diligence and communications.
The annual membership fee for DAN is $1,000, payable upon joining the network and upon each year anniversary. The DAN Steering Committee will assess and approve all membership requests. For DAN membership guidelines, see our membership agreement.